Here are some of the Key Highlights of the report:-
- India’s total TV Consumption increased by 43% this week, while its Smartphone consumption increased by 13% this week as compared to the Pre COVID period.
- The number of channels watched per week per viewer has also gone up from 16 number of channels in week 11 to 23 numbers of channels in week 13.
- The growth in TV consumption this week driven by the Movies Genre(77% growth). Significant increase in Time spent on watching Movies (52% growth) on the Smartphone
- Non-Primetime continues to be the growth driver for TV (81% over the Pre COVID period), and increasing the late night and early morning viewing. The early morning slot is driven by news consumption whereas late night is high on account of movies and news.
- PM Modi’s request on #9PM9MINS garnered the lowest-ever total TV viewership for those 9 minutes since 2015.
- News and Movies clocked an all time high growth across languages.
- Sports Genre grew by 21% in week 13 over week 12 despite absence of major live sports majorly due to telecast of sports classics.
- Gaming continues to show growth (44% over the Pre COVID period) – categories like Virtual Education and Virtual Drives increased consumption.