Women peeping out of the windows of huge havelies..
Colourful turbans on moustached men playing sarangi…
Royal Rajasthani Thali..
Markets full of leheriya and bandhej saaries..
( Source: https://www.instagram.com/trippin.n.clickin/ )
Such scenes come in my mind whenever I think about Rajasthan. Being a Jaipurite, I have a strong connection with Rajasthan and with my whole heart, I am deeply in love with this land of Maharajas. I am often being asked by my online friends that what to see and what to eat during the Rajasthan visit and Sometimes I am even being asked that ‘Why to visit Rajasthan?’ Thus today.. this idea clicked in my mind to share the whole thought of mine on Rajasthan and everything special about it with my readers. I have divided this whole thought in few parts because it’s near to impossible for me to share everything in just one post. In today’s post, I am sharing the main highlights as why one should visit Rajasthan.
The reasons as to ‘why visit rajasthan’ lies in its very destinations of rajasthan that glorifies its culture, architecture and lifestyle. In these following mentioned reasons, I tried to feature just the highlights that would surely make you pack your bags and head to my royal state:
Blue City Of Rajasthan : Jodhpur
- Re-live the lost era of Royalness:Yes!! Rajasthan gives you the feel of royalness which has lost somewhere in our urban-metro culture. Rajasthan gives you perfect moments of capturing the blushing pink walls at City Palace in jaipur, walking through the long corridors of mehrangarh in jodhpur, getting amazed with the details in the jharokhas of the patwo ki haveli in Jaisalmer and you can also explore the wonderful amer fort which will leave you spellbound.
- Experience the Mystic sand dunes and float on the venice of the east: This is in my wishlist since a long time.. Yeahh.. Just Imagine yourself sleeping in a tent right under the stars, in the middle of the great Indian Thar Desert and On the other hand, you can visit City of lakes ‘Udaipur’ to witness the beauty of pichola lake and saheliyon ki baadi.. Isnt it great !!
- Spotting a tiger in the jungles of Ranthambhore would be more exciting than hanging out in a mall : Rugged landscapes, barren trees and a wide variety of bird are some of the reasons why ranthambore should be on every wildlife lover’s bucket list( mine’s too). You can visit Ranthambore and Sariska Tiger reserve to experience an adventures wildlife holiday. Barren trees and rugged landscape are some of the reasons which makes this place totally awesome.
- Ahem!! You can’t resist the yummilicious Rajasthani Food:Being a foodie, I am just a die hard fan of this place. The best part about the Rajasthani food is that despite the scarcity of water and green vegetables, the royal kitchen prepares one of the most tempting delicacies. Gram flour is the basic ingredient of many toothsome dishes like khata ( kadi), gatte ki sabzi and pakodi, Indulge yourself in delicious daal- baati -churma loaded with ghee, Yummy Gatte-ki-Sabzi, delectable ker sangri, laal maans, spicy pyaaz ki kachori, mirchi vada, kofta and trust me.. you won’t be disappointed.
- The great Rajasthani Folk Tamasha :Rajasthan is internationally famous for its fairs and festivals. See the grandeur of the camel fair at pushkar in the month of november and witness the beautiful ‘deep daan’ at the pushkar lake. Ghoomer and kalbeliya dance during Ganguar and teej in Jaipur is such a vibrant event which leaves every visitor mesmerised. During rajasthan tour you can enjoy many other festivals like Camel fair, Elephant festival, Desert festival, Kite festival and Mewar festival which will add many colourful memories to your trip to Rajasthan.
- Shop till you drop in Rangeeley Bazaars: Now being a girl, this is my most favourite topic to talk about. Well jokes apart, A trip to Rajasthan is incomplete without some crazy shopping. Traditional bazaars of Rajasthan offers a plethora of shopping options which can drive a shopaholic totally insane. Load your bags with blue pottery, beautifully hand crafted jewellery , puppets, lehriya, bandhini, gota patti work apparels, mojari, sanganeri prints bedcovers and laakh bangles and many more things to add. Yes one more thing.. whenever you are in Jaipur, just lemme know because I would love to give you tips about how to bargain with shopkeepers in the old city and get the best deal for you. I am always ready and moreover happy to help when it comes to food suggestions and shopping in my city.
Well.. I can write non stop on this topic and I won’t get tired of talking about my beloved city Jaipur and state Rajasthan because there is no dearth of things to do in Rajasthan but I promise you that I ll soon come up with my other topics on this #RajasthanSeries and I ll tell you more interesting things about this place. Thus, This is Sonali Agarwal, Signing off to have a hot cup of hot ginger tea with garma- garam pyaaz kachori..
Stay Tuned and Stay In love..Tada !
I am taking my Alexa rank to next level with Blogchatter.